1) “Optional Course:
Customer sleeps in girl’s arm (3 min) – 1,000 yen
Girl pats customer on the back (3 min) – 1,000 yen
Customer pets girl on the head (3 min) – 1,000 yen
Customer and girl stare at each other (1 min) – 1,000 yen
Girl changes clothes (1 time) – 1,000 yen
Girl gives customer foot massage (3 min) – 1,000 yen
Customer gives girl foot massage (3 min) – 2,000 yen
Customer sleeps with head on girl’s lap (3 min) – 1,000 yen
Girl sleeps with head on customer’s lap (3 min) – 2,000 yen”
Did you cringe? Ha gotcha! The above is part of the menu at Japan’s first Cuddle Cafe where, for a fee, someone will sleep with you. As in, literally: The website doesn’t specify what customers are and are not permitted to do during the standard course, but it’s probably safe to assume your options are limited to “close your eyes and be quiet.”
Mums everywhere must either be thinking Wow, I’m Getting My Co-sleep For Free! Or… I Should Be Charging My Toddler !
And, in case you hated your other job, they’re recruiting. Love the job description:
■ Job: Sleeping
■ Location: Akihabara (3 min walk from station)
■ Qualifications: High school age to 30s
■ Compensation: 3,500 yen/hour
■ Hours: Weekdays 15:00-22:00, Weekend/holidays 12:00-22:00
2) Lioness befriends baby impala (AAAWWWwwwwww). After killing it’s mother (Uh… “Sorry I had to eat Mummy but we can still be friends”?)
Fine, here’s a picture
3) I used to be One Of Those People Who Had Never Seen An Elephant With A Prosthesis. Not anymore.
4) A chihuahua, a cat, a macaque… These animals really are with the police. May the force be with them.
If only HK Police uniform was that cute…
5) “In every cartoon we’ve ever seen of Pepe Le Pew, he’s chasing a female and not taking “no” for an answer. In today’s world, we call that stalking, and this would likely result in a restraining order.”
And other beloved fictional (mostly cartoon) characters who’d have a rough time in today’s real world. Me, I cannot imagine a time when Little Rascals could ever be considered cute…
6) I like (if that’s the right word) this article that starts off with a family feeding their 18 month old a KFC burger in India and then finding live worms in it for if I ever have fast food cravings. But I really liked the one in the slide show at bottom of article, about the “unidentified animal toe” found in a bowl of spinach and artichoke dip. Because I don’t remember spinach or artichoke having toes. Recommended for losing baby weight.
7) Contrast that with 11 best service stories ever. Yeah I linked this yesterday, but it’s here because I love the one where a 3 year-old writes to a Sainsbury’s in the UK asking “Why is your Tiger Bread called Tiger Bread, it should be called Giraffe Bread,” and someone actually responds and renames it Giraffe Bread.
Mums everywhere must be swooning.
8) In honor of it almost being Halloween (Rockstar has a costume! <gloat, gloat>) here’s some DIY Halloween costume ideas (Ms Rockstar’s monster costume arrived wayyy too big <ungloat> The monster head gear fits 4.5 yr old Original Rockstar, not a 6mth baby.)
Way To Rub In My Kids Are Tiny…
Anyway mini explorer I thought was nice n easy:
Or else golfers, basketballers, track and fielders, Thai boxers – way to express your favorite sport too.
9) Something else to do? How bout Spot The Owl. Thank you, Bored Panda.
10) And this one, intended to demonstrate science can be fun.
Good weekend, knowing if you get a tiger, it’ll use a litterbox.